Tuesday, October 27, 2009

And So It Begins


Who am I? Well I’m just a good old country girl that lived up a holler for way too many years to count. That holler made me who I am today though. I’m a simple person with lots of old fashioned beliefs. Yes I do believe in God, and for those out there that don’t well, I hate that for ya but you do have the right to believe what you want. I’m not a big fan of writing and I’m sure it will show in my blogs, but bear with me, cause this is about me after all!


I’m the youngest of 9 children, you learn a lot being the youngest, and mostly you learn what not to do.  Like sneaking out at night to meet guys, which was one big no no! And do not play with Dad’s service revolver no matter how tempting because you can do something like one of my brothers and shoot through the wall just missing my sister’s head.  Dang did he get in trouble for that one.  And yes my parents believed in spanking, but once again being the baby I learned what not to do and avoided most of those. I actually only remember one and it was from my Mom, and it wasn’t so bad.


I have an immense passion for animals of all sorts, another part of being in the country all those many years. I was always dragging home some type of critter, then begging to get to keep it. Most times I won out because my Dad knew I would eventually turn whatever it was loose when it was old enough. One thing I love, horses, but this was one animal that would elude my ownership even now. I love to ride though, always have and always will and who knows one of these days I may still own the horse of my dreams.


I graduated high school in 1980, and like many others, I wish I could go back and do it all over again. Those were the good old days, but that’s what memories are for right? (Queue the song Memories from the Broadway musical Kats, I always did love that song.) I went straight to work after high school, just as my parents wanted me to, work was more important than college for them and being the obliging daughter I did what was expected. This was something I always wish I had done differently though.


But three years later my father passed away, and the year after that I gave birth to my one and only child, a lovely daughter named Darcy. My how that changes one’s life drastically and forever, I never pictured myself a mother but loved it after it happened.  I raised her on my own for the most part but did have help from some of my family, and she has since blessed me with a wonderful grandson.


I think I will stop here for now, it’s a beginning of a moderately long story that I wish to tell. A story of life and the highs and lows it can throw at you. I hope that eventually it will help others that have gone through some of the same challenges that life has thrown my way. So thanks for stopping by and stay tuned and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment